Tax Accountant – Pfizer GFSS
Cpl in partnership with our client Pfizer are currently recruiting for a Tax Accountant based in their GFS site.
This is an exciting opportunity to join Pfizer Ireland’s city centre site. Both Global Financial Solutions (GFS) & The Pfizer Treasury Centre are located in Ringsend, in Dublin City. The GFS handles all financial services for Pfizer in Europe, while the treasury in Dublin is Pfizer's global treasury centre for areas outside the US.
This position will have tax reporting & compliance responsibility for a group of European markets and will report to the Tax Manager. The primary focus of the work is US GAAP Tax Reporting, local country tax compliance and reporting, and managing the data requirements for local country tax audits.
The individual filling this position will be expected to develop detailed knowledge of the tax regimes within his or her scope of responsibility. The Tax Accountant will also be the primary contact for the GFS Global Financial Services colleagues who also have responsibilities for these entities.
- Accountable for timely and accurate delivery of tax reporting processes including compliance and especially US GAAP Reporting.
- Develop knowledge of major drivers impacting the tax and corporate position of their European Markets.
- Make tax payments.
- Prepare Tax Returns following a standardized methodology, involving significant automation and assembly of final returns using tax return software where possible.
- Work with local advisors to sign off of tax returns based on materiality and risk.
- Provide the data requirements for local country tax audit processes as required.
- Participate in the transition of market responsibilities from the business to the European Tax Centre.
- Financial Tax Accounting experience.
- Experience in Tax Reporting.
- Delivery of tax compliance processes.
- Knowledge of the principles of direct taxation and their interaction with reporting processes.
- Good organization and prioritization skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience in Financial Systems.
- Ability to speak more than one European language is preferred but not essential.
- Familiarity with ERP Systems is preferred but not essential.
- Experience in tax compliance and reporting activities across more than one European country is preferred but not essential.
Qualified accountant (preferred) or Tax Advisor.
Experience in industry or a Big 4 accounting firm.
A recognized tax or accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, AITI, CIMA).
Candidates must hold either an EU passport or Stamp 4 visa, and must be currenlty living in Ireland to be considered. Send your CV to email@example.com.