Director of Nursing-Portlaoise
Cpl Healthcare are seeking applications for the role of Director of Nursing at Midlands Regional Hospital, Portlaoise
- As Director of Nursing you will be expected to work as a member of the Hospital Executive Team and share responsibility at executive level working with the Hospital General Manager and the Clinical Director.
- The Director of Nursing works in partnership with the Director of Midwifery for the Hospital and jointly chairs the Nursing & Midwifery Executive.
- The successful applicant will have professional accountability and responsibility for the maintenance of high standards of nursing practice and delivery of evidence based services for patients.
- This includes maximising the best outcomes for patients within the available resource.
- The role includes dealing with policy matters, service delivery and delivery of education and professional development to ensuring the high standards of person centred care are core to service delivery
Interested Applicants must:
- Be registered, or be eligible for registration, in the General Nurse Division of the Register of Nurses and Midwives maintained by the NMBI
- Have 10 years post registration nursing experience and 5 years nursing management experience at a minimum of CNM 2 level of which 3 must have been in an acute setting
- Possess a post graduate qualification at not less that level 8 (QQI) in health care or management related area
- Possess the requisite clinical, leadership, managerial and administrative knowledge and ability for the proper discharge of the office
- Demonstrate depth and breadth of senior nursing leadership experience at management level
- Be able to demonstrate a flexible approach to working hours as required in order to ensure deadlines are met
- Have access to transport as post will involve travel
Closing Date for Applications/Submission of Application: April 25th 2018
Interviews: Early May
All enquiries to:
e: email@example.com t: +353 21 4626138