My client is a Global contract research organization looking for an EHS Specialist to join their team.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- You will ensure safe practices and regulatory compliance in all assigned facilities. Leads by example and enforces good safety practices. Responds and provides follow-up to health, safety, and environmental issues to site management.
- Ensures that all licensing, permitting, or other environmental, health or safety requirements are met at assigned site and takes appropriate actions to ensure that any non-compliance issues are resolved.
- Ensures safe removal and disposal of hazardous/biological waste from facilities on a regular basis. Maintains and monitors waste manifest systems. Completes reporting forms regarding hazardous waste for all required regulatory agencies.
- Develops and conducts employee health and safety training programs.
- Develops and implements refresher training for various health and safety topics as required by the regulations.
- Conducts regular workplace assessments of assigned facilities and conducts employee health hazard exposure monitoring to ensure compliance.
- Updates site management on new or changed regulations in a timely manner.
- Makes recommendations to site management on feasible solutions and alternatives for compliance with these regulations.
- Develops and updates all health and safety related mandated procedures for assigned facilities. In addition, ensures that procedures meet federal, state, and local requirements
- Experience in a laboratory, clinic, pharma, and/or health care setting is essential
- Degree in the health/safety/environmental sciences or equivalent
- IOSH or NEBOSH Certification is preferred.
- 2-4 years experience in environmental, health and safety.
- Able to travel to other countries if needed.