Business Intelligence and Improvement Manager
Responsible for overall delivery to operations and support function teams on key reporting areas for the overall business. Managing a team of reporting analysts, the Business Intelligence and Improvement Manager is accountable for the design and develop metrics, reports and analyses to assist and drive key business decisions. Using deep dive analysis, creates and drives improvements across the business. This person will be member of a Leadership team of a large organisation operating under a 24/7 model on a client’s site. The Business Intelligence and Improvement Manager will be working within and promoting the Company Values always – Customer Focus, Accountability, Respect, Effective Communication and Empowerment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the overall performance and governance of the statements of work in conjunction with Senior Management.
- Manage the day-to-day reporting function in accordance with requirements and SLAs set out in the contract with the client.
- Report directly to Director Level.
- Ensure reporting measures are in place to drive successful delivery of the overall operational team.
- Produce and deliver tracking and reporting for key KPI/SLA’s in the business.
- Accountable for designing key dashboards and scorecards for Senior Leadership and Business Unit (Team Leaders, Training Team, Quality Analysts, etc.).
- Create and maintain efficient and secure systems for recording data and producing relevant documentation.
- Become knowledgeable about the business deliverable and operational teams.
- Perform ad-hoc data analysis to support the business initiatives.
- Maintaining the daily relationship with the business intelligence suppliers when required.
- At certain times, attend client meeting to explain root-cause analysis and deep-dives.
- Manages a team of reporting analysts to develop standardized reports spotting data trends, performing gap analysis and generating reports
- Develops team and reporting structures to allow for deep-dive analysis, automation and delivery of reporting to key roles within the organization.
- Create and monitor workforce management and capacity planning, develop systems and tools to allow for understanding of future business needs.
- Uses project management framework to Seek to drive innovation and process improvements.
- Works with other support functions and client to identify areas for improvement and enhancement.
- Prompt identification and suggested resolution of service delivery issues including implementation of preventative measures.
- Provide exceptional people management, mentorship and career development to members of your team.
The suitable candidate must have a deep-rooted passion for delivering success. The suitable candidate will have formidable experience and working knowledge of:
Business Intelligence Management Experience:
- Excellent communication skills, ability to communicate to a diverse population and at all levels of the organization to a Senior Level Management.
- Proven track record of meeting and managing deadlines.
- Excellent knowledge of influencing and meeting KPI’s and targets.
- Can mentor in the areas of reporting, data analysis, automation and documentation of complex business processes.
- Results orientated with excellent attention to detail good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to process with large volumes of data accurately and speedily and deliver to deadlines.
- Understanding of the drivers of operational and key performance areas.
- Ability to build effective relationship with peers, managers and directors.
- Ability to produce and trend reports.
- Ability to use one’s own initiative to drive improvements.
- Past experience of managing projects across a large organization.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to find skills in others to ensure success of projects.
- Drive and determination to successfully complete projects within costs and deadlines.
Problem solving Techniques:
- Identify and analyse issues and problems, developing solutions and using judgment to make sound and dependable decisions.
- Seek support when necessary from appropriate source.
- Be proactive and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in hosting and managing Client Meetings.
- Past experience of building partnerships with Clients.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to negotiate, influence and gain agreement from others.
- Demonstrates high level of customer satisfaction in previous positions.
- Experience of Process and Matrix Managed Environment.
- Confidence in one’s own abilities.
- Ability to lead by example.
- Capable of managing and mentoring middle management level.
- Strong motivational skills.
- Ability to inspire confidence in others.
- Previous experience in managing reporting, business and/or data analysts.
- Knowledge of all aspects of HR management.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Solid understanding of MS SharePoint an advantage.
- Desirable: Knowledge of SQL Server, SQL, C#, networking basics, Windows services, ASP.
- Be flexible, adaptable and innovative.
- Proven track record of understanding budget management.
- Ability to identify areas for reduction in costs.
- Past experience in improving profitability.
- Capable of understanding financial reports and producing same.
- Knowledge of all aspects of Financial Management.
- Confidence in working with Finance Manager.
- Dynamic leader with experience and passion for data in a fast-paced environment, able to deal with rapid change and ambiguity.
- Strategic thinker with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- 3+ years of experience in management of reporting, data analysis, and/or business intelligence functions preferably in technology industry.
- 3+ years of project management experience, with a strong desire to improve the overall organisation.
- Empathy for the client community and passion to create an exceptional experience and provide outstanding support.
- Excited to be part of a global teams, tackling complex problems, and developing individual team members
- Adaptable and energized by a fast-paced environment
- BA degree desirable